Living and doing business in Sweden also implies paying taxes here, and the most important levy is the income tax. In order to have one’s taxes computed property, especially in the case of companies, using the services of an accountant in Sweden
can be very useful and time saving.
No matter if you are a Swedish or foreign national or investor, you can use the services of an accountant who is also a member of the CPA in Sweden
. CPA stands for Certified Public Accountant. Our lawyers in Sweden
can support you in setting up a business here.
| Quick Facts || |
| Accounting services available || |
Tax registration, VAT and EORI registration, financial statement preparation and filing, bookkeeping
Payroll services available
| YES, HR and employee and employer registration services |
VAT registration threshold
| Annual turnover of approx. 34,000 EUR |
| VAT rates || |
25% (standard rate), 12% and 6% (reduced rates)
| Corporate tax rate || 20. 6% |
| Dividend tax rate || |
30% applied to non-residents
| Payroll taxes || |
31.42% for employers, 28.97% for sole traders and self-employed persons
| Number of double taxation treaties (approx.) || Approx. 92 |
| Financial statement filing deadlines || Within 7 months from the end of the financial year |
| Audited financial statement filing required (YES/NO) || YES |
Accounting services in Sweden
Using the services of an accountant in Sweden comes with many advantages. The most important is that you obtain specialized services from someone who is up to date with all the tax-related matters.
Among the accounting services you can rely on in this country, we mention the following:
- tax registration and VAT registration support for natural persons and companies;
- bookkeeping, payroll setup, and financial statement and filing assistance (these can also be provided separately);
- tax consultancy, planning and minimization solutions for companies (our accountant in Stockholm can help business owners in the capital city);
- audit services can also be requested with our auditors.
While our accountant can offer tailored accounting services, you can also rely on our law firm in Sweden
for assistance in various legal matters.
Tax, VAT and EORI registration in Sweden
No matter if you are a foreign citizen or investor who wants to open a company in Sweden, tax registration is mandatory. Our CPA in Sweden can assist you with the preparation of the documents you need to file with the local tax office.
If in the case of a foreign citizen the procedure is simpler, setting up a business here requires more attention in terms of paperwork. Our accountant in Sweden
can help business owners in obtaining tax and VAT numbers
, as well as EORI numbers for import-export operations within the European Union.
You can use our services in major cities across the country, while our accountant in Stockholm is at your disposal if you live or have a business in the capital.
Tailored support for companies in Sweden
- registration for employment purposes of the company and employees;
- hiring personnel and setting up the payroll;
- drafting specific documents related to the payment of labor taxes, employees’ leaves for various reasons, and other employment-related matters;
- keeping employees’ records updated every time a person is hired or leaves the enterprise.
These procedures require a lot of attention, and an external accountant in Sweden can handle such matters without interruptions.
is Sweden’s institution for certified accountants and auditors, and our specialists are members of this association.
If you need the services of a CPA in Sweden, our accountants and auditors are at your disposal.
How to find an accountant in Sweden
There are a little over 5,000 FAR certified accountants in Sweden to a population of 10.3 million citizens. So, finding a CPA is not difficult. These are present both in small and larger cities, even of finding an accountant in Stockholm is easier.
When it comes to the taxes to be paid in Sweden, here are the main highlights:
- the personal income tax rate is 20% and applies to earnings of more than 540,700 SK;
- non-residents are applied a 25% flat tax rate on the income obtained in Sweden;
- to this national levy, an additional 32% municipal tax 32% applies to the entire income of a natural person;
- the corporate tax is 20.6%, while the VAT is applied at a standard rate of 25%.
For more information on taxation and our services, contact
our accountant in Sweden